Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Excire-search process continually running
I have Excire Pro installed and my catalog analyzed. With no activity in Lightroom the process "excite-search" is continually running and utilizing approximately 35% of my processor (via activity monitor on mac os). I have left it running (Lightroom) for many days to see if it would complete what it is doing and reduce the processor utilization but it continues to utilize approximately 35% of the processor. What is it doing and will this be changed in a future release?
Hello Terry,

excire-search is continually running alongside Lightroom waiting for search requests.
Indeed constantly utilizing 35% of the cpu is strange and should not happen after the initialization has finished.
Please consider sending us a bug report for further analysis. For this please open the plug-in manager and click "Send error report" in the Excire Search "Log Files" section.
(01.11.2018, 08:57)ExcireMike schrieb: Hello Terry,

excire-search is continually running alongside Lightroom waiting for search requests.
Indeed constantly utilizing 35% of the cpu is strange and should not happen after the initialization has finished.
Please consider sending us a bug report for further analysis. For this please open the plug-in manager and click "Send error report" in the Excire Search "Log Files" section.

Any new status? I sent in an error report per your request.
Hello Terry,

thanks for your Bug-Report. Its still under investigation.
We have not yet been able to reproduce the described behaviour.
Hello Terry,

We have analyzed our background tasks and their performance. The only suspect is a task that checks if Lightroom is still up and running.
We are uncertain if this process causes the 35% processor utilization but we will reduce the calls to this function in the next version of our plugin.
(12.11.2018, 11:46)ExcireMike schrieb: Hello Terry,

We have analyzed our background tasks and their performance. The only suspect is a task that checks if Lightroom is still up and running.
We are uncertain if this process causes the 35% processor utilization but we will reduce the calls to this function in the next version of our plugin.

The same things happen to me, since some days....in addition, the searching (any type) is now very very slow...
Hello luciovianello,

have you been able to install the special version of excire which we offered you as a result of your last bug report ?
If so, the verbose logging should help to find the cause of your problems. Please send us the new log files.
Hi, no.

I have not tried that version because in these weeks I am using, for my work. lightroom and excire extensively and I fear I can lost the database :-(

However I will try as soon as possible...

Thanks
Hi,

I submitted the error log generated with the special version of exire search.

For helping you, I attached it here too.
Thanks

Lucio

P.S.

The slow response for searching happened since a few days ago, with no modifications of catalog.

Of course, the error 211 which stops the transfer batch, for which I submitted the bug report, is still present.

Angehängte Dateien

.zip   excire-search_report_2018-11-24_12-10-40_211.zip (Größe: 342.85 KB / Downloads: 2)
We further invastigated the problems you described and finally found the cause. Whenever Photos are removed from the catalog, Excire Search has to remove those photos from it's own database too. This removing begins at the next start of Lightroom and is done in background. If Lightroom is closed, before the removing is complete, it will continue at the next start of Lightroom. It usually causes a CPU usage of 10 to 30 percent. On larger databases this removing may take some time.

In addition, all of our search functionalities may run much slower until the removing is complete. This bevahior will be corrected in the next version, that will be released in december.

To let Excire Search finish the removing of deleted photos, let Lightroom be opened for some time.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste