Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
"Use Maximum CPU Load" does not load much
Hello,

While I have selected "Use Maximum CPU Load for initialization", "fast Iniziatlization", and "for stack only initialize the top photo", CPU load is only 12-14%.

Without "fast Initialization" and "for stack only initialiaze the top photo", CPU load is 35%.

Why the plugin does not use more CPU ?

Best Regards,
Pierre

PS : My computer : LR 9.1, Excire Search 2 PRO Windows 10 (64-bit), AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor and 32 GB
Hello Pierre,

The update of photo data during the upgrade to Excire Search 2 is currently very slow. The next version will bring better performance here. Until then, it's best if you create a new database and initialize your photos from scratch.

Please look here: "Update Photo Data" is slow when updating to Excire Search 2. What can I do?

Best regards
Sebastian
(26.12.2019, 21:35)ExcireSebastian schrieb: Hello Pierre,

The update of photo data during the upgrade to Excire Search 2 is currently very slow. The next version will bring better performance here. Until then, it's best if you create a new database and initialize your photos from scratch.

Please look here: "Update Photo Data" is slow when updating to Excire Search 2. What can I do?

Best regards
Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your answer. But it does not correspond to my remark and question.

By the way I never installed Excire search 1, so the process is not an upgrade but the only first initialization.

Everything works but it could be better considering the resources available.

Best Regards,
Pierre
Hello Pierre,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The initialization of photos is not limited by the available CPU resources only. Reading the image files from the drive makes up a large part. If those files are located on a network storage, the local network also plays a major role in the process.

If the Lightroom catalog is stored on a SSD, to speed up the initialization, it is helpful to create Smart Previews in Lightroom and to enable our option "Prefer Smart Previews" in the Plugin Manager.

Best regards
Sebastian
(28.12.2019, 23:00)ExcireSebastian schrieb: Hello Pierre,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The initialization of photos is not limited by the available CPU resources only. Reading the image files from the drive makes up a large part. If those files are located on a network storage, the local network also plays a major role in the process.

If the Lightroom catalog is stored on a SSD, to speed up the initialization, it is helpful to create Smart Previews in Lightroom and to enable our option "Prefer Smart Previews" in the Plugin Manager.

Best regards
Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Yes catalog is stored on SSD (in fact everything). With smart preview previously created and the option enabled, CPU load is still 11-12 % (disc load is 2-4%) during initialization process.

Best Rega
Hello Pierre,

some customers had trubble with other Lightroom plugins, that block the access to the Lightroom catalog. That effect slowed down the initialization. You can try to deactivate other plugins in Plugin Manager.

If you send us an error report, we may get more details about your specific error. Go to Plugin Manager, select Excire Search, scroll down on the right side an click "Send Error Report".

Best regards
Sebastian

Gehe zu: