Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Photo cannot be moved to system trash
I have marked several photos, from several different folders, for deletion.  I want to keep them, but cannot move them to a specific folder (there does not appear to be a way to do this on Excire), therefore I delete them to the system's trash, and then move them from the trash to a new folder.  This seems to work for some photos, but for some I get the message that these photos CANNOT be sent to the trash, they will be deleted permanently.  
1. WHY is that, and how do I move them to a safe place.
2. WHY can't I send them to a specific folder.  I see that I can send them to a collection, but can't move them easily from the collection to another folder. (Sending to Dropbox is a VERY POOR option.)

thanks
Hi there,
please be aware that Excire currently does not support moving files from one place to another.
Adding images to a collection is just a virtual operation happening inside of the Excire database, but has no effect on the files on your harddrive.
Your workaround using the system trash is very risky, and would not be recommended by us.

At the moment, files cannot be moved by Excire. After you have moved them using the function of your operating system, files can be reintegrated using the synchronize function in Excire.
(23.04.2021, 12:45)ExcireHendrik schrieb: Hi there,
please be aware that Excire currently does not support moving files from one place to another.
Adding images to a collection is just a virtual operation happening inside of the Excire database, but has no effect on the files on your harddrive.
Your workaround using the system trash is very risky, and would not be recommended by us.

At the moment, files cannot be moved by Excire. After you have moved them using the function of your operating system, files can be reintegrated using the synchronize function in Excire.

Thanks for your reply. 
Is it likely that in the future, the ability to move the files to another folder will be possible.  Seems to me it would be a fairly simple issue, and VERY handy.

Don

Gehe zu: