Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Find duplicates like in Excire Foto
Hello,
are you going to implement the Excire Foto 2022 "find duplicate" functionality inside Excire Search anytime soon?
Users new to photography collections could prefere Excire Foto as organizer for its slim profile and price.
But I would prefer to have it in Lightroom Classic since that is my (and many other long time photographers I think) DAM of choice. 

Thank you
Yes, there will be a duplicate finder functionality in Excire Search later this year.
It will be a paid upgrade, similar to that in Excire Foto.
(15.07.2022, 19:35)ExcireHendrik schrieb: Yes, there will be a duplicate finder functionality in Excire Search later this year.
It will be a paid upgrade, similar to that in Excire Foto.

Thanks for such a good news.
Not asking for a release date but will it be more like during the fall or winter?
So thank you for releasing Excire Search 3.0.0!
Great and useful plugin.
I would like to suggest one feature now, after trying it for a few days: give some option to automatically flag (as pick or reject) duplicates, for example checkboxes like "pick flag larger duplicate", "reject flag smaller duplicate(s)", "reject flag same size duplicate(s)" etc (not deleting directly to the thrash bin, but just flag).
This could be helpful in de-duplicating manually later. I understand processing would take longer based on which photo property would have to be analyzed.
That would really be nice, however, I'm not quite sure if this is possible at all. Excire Search is creating collections for review that is what it can do within Lightroom. After that the collection and it's content is no longer present to Excire Search. It is different as we know it from Excire Foto, i Excire Foto the step to pick/reject is an additional step after the duplicates have been identified, there is in my humble opinion no option to access the images for Excire Search within Lightroom. In Excire Foto the Flag Manager can access the internal Excire Foto Database. In LrC Excire Search would need to access and compare the images again, as all the data is stored in Lightroom not in Excire Search. That might be a time consuming process. But maybe I am wrong and there might be an easy way for Excire Search to bring the Flag Manager to Search too?
Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately due to Adobe SDK limitations and technical restrictions it it not possible to implement the flag manager in Excire Search as well.

Gehe zu: