Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Excire and Apple Photos
Is there any way that Excire and the Apple Photos app can work more directly together? Having recently acquired an Excire licence my workflow with Apple Photos, Luminar Neo, and Excire was convoluted:

1) Create a project-specific Photos library
2) Load image files into Photos
3) Post-process within Photos using Luminar Neo
4) Export (selected) completed images
5) Load to Excire for analysis and keywording
6) Export from Excire with all metadata
7) Load to master Photos library (this contains "only the best")
(04.11.2022, 13:28)Roger.Cavanagh schrieb: Is there any way that Excire and the Apple Photos app can work more directly together? Having recently acquired an Excire licence my workflow with Apple Photos, Luminar Neo, and Excire was convoluted:

Hi Roger

I use Luminar Neo, Photos and recently, Excire Foto, so do understand where you are coming from.  I am in the process of working out a new workflow for all three.  I keyword a lot of my images in Apple Photos as they were already in Albums that were easy to keyword, or people that Apple Photos had identified automatically.  I also used Apple Photos Smart Albums to search and group photos which made it easier to KeyWord.  To Export images with keywords you need to select "Export Photos".  The option "Export unmodified Originals" does not include the Apple Photos assigned keywords (Did all this a few weeks ago so pretty sure that is what I found). The Exported photos can then be added to Excire Foto and further keywording done using it's AI and the find similar photo which I have used a lot.

I ended up exporting my complete Apple Photos library (23,000 images) to folders on an external SSD.  Took a while as I have found from experience that Excire Foto is not the greatest at importing large amounts of photos in one go.  I have located photos all over my hard drives and assembled them into a folder structure to add to Excire Foto when trying it out on the 14 day trial. I waited 19 hours 59 minutes and 42 seconds for it to import 22,638 images, only to get a message at the end that 22,638 new photos found,   22,638 photos processed and 22,638 photos could not be analysed. Nearly gave up on my trial of Excire Foto at that point.  I subsequently did add all those photos in chunks of around 1,000 at a time and they worked fine and only took a couple of hours.  I now have around 46,000 photos after adding the Apple Photos library a few days ago.

My Workflow now is when I take new photos on my Sony cameras, Drones or Action Cameras, I will now put the originals straight into my existing Excire Foto database (46,000 photos)

For new photos taken on my iPhone these will go straight into Apple Photos so to add them to Excire Fotos I do choose "Export unmodified Originals"

I have folders on my SSD for my various models of Sony Cameras and DJI Drones so that is where I put them, and another folder for iPhone Photos

This means that all my new photos, from whatever device, are now stored on my SSD and added to Excire Foto when I synchronize the Appropriate folders

I can then go through the newly added photos in Excire Foto and delete any that I don't want, and rate the others

I then add further custom keywords which does not take long as I am probably only keywording less than 100 photos.  

I then use the "open with Luminar Neo" and edit any images that I really like, tagging the original image with a purple marker.

I save the image to a "Luminar Neo Edited" folder on my SSD which is already in the Excire Foto database, to get the newly edited images to show up I just use the right click menu option Synchronize for that folder within Excire Foto

I then just import these edited images from the "Luminar Neo Edited" folder into Apple Photos.

This workflow means ALL my images are in the Excire Foto database on my Mac and I can easily find and work on ANY image while at my computer which is where I mainly work on images.   

Plus I can just add my favourite Photos to my Apple Photos library, complete with keywords.

As I have all my Apple Photos library photos now on my SSD I can easily delete loads from my Apple Photos library so that I just have my favourites.  I did make a copy of my Apple Photos Library right at the start of getting Excire Foto, just in case LOL

My Approach is a bit different to your suggested one but with mine I end up with ALL my photos on my SSD, regardless of where or what they were taken on.  Then easy to choose the best ones for editing and do that in Luminar Neo from within Excrie Foto.  Add the edited image to Excire Foto and then at the very end I add the Best photos (Camera, drone iPhone etc) to Apple Photos.

I am still exploring Excire Foto and can't seem to find some basic keywording sorting that Apple Photos does easily  Will post up what I am trying to do in a separate post.

Good Luck.  Iain
(05.11.2022, 12:30)Iain Ferguson schrieb:
(04.11.2022, 13:28)Roger.Cavanagh schrieb: Is there any way that Excire and the Apple Photos app can work more directly together? Having recently acquired an Excire licence my workflow with Apple Photos, Luminar Neo, and Excire was convoluted:

Hi Roger

I use Luminar Neo, Photos and recently, Excire Foto, so do understand where you are coming from.  I am in the process of working out a new workflow for all three.  I keyword a lot of my images in Apple Photos as they were already in Albums that were easy to keyword, or people that Apple Photos had identified automatically.  I also used Apple Photos Smart Albums to search and group photos which made it easier to KeyWord.  To Export images with keywords you need to select "Export Photos".  The option "Export unmodified Originals" does not include the Apple Photos assigned keywords (Did all this a few weeks ago so pretty sure that is what I found). The Exported photos can then be added to Excire Foto and further keywording done using it's AI and the find similar photo which I have used a lot.

I ended up exporting my complete Apple Photos library (23,000 images) to folders on an external SSD.  Took a while as I have found from experience that Excire Foto is not the greatest at importing large amounts of photos in one go.  I have located photos all over my hard drives and assembled them into a folder structure to add to Excire Foto when trying it out on the 14 day trial. I waited 19 hours 59 minutes and 42 seconds for it to import 22,638 images, only to get a message at the end that 22,638 new photos found,   22,638 photos processed and 22,638 photos could not be analysed. Nearly gave up on my trial of Excire Foto at that point.  I subsequently did add all those photos in chunks of around 1,000 at a time and they worked fine and only took a couple of hours.  I now have around 46,000 photos after adding the Apple Photos library a few days ago.

My Workflow now is when I take new photos on my Sony cameras, Drones or Action Cameras, I will now put the originals straight into my existing Excire Foto database (46,000 photos)

For new photos taken on my iPhone these will go straight into Apple Photos so to add them to Excire Fotos I do choose "Export unmodified Originals"

I have folders on my SSD for my various models of Sony Cameras and DJI Drones so that is where I put them, and another folder for iPhone Photos

This means that all my new photos, from whatever device, are now stored on my SSD and added to Excire Foto when I synchronize the Appropriate folders

I can then go through the newly added photos in Excire Foto and delete any that I don't want, and rate the others

I then add further custom keywords which does not take long as I am probably only keywording less than 100 photos.  

I then use the "open with Luminar Neo" and edit any images that I really like, tagging the original image with a purple marker.

I save the image to a "Luminar Neo Edited" folder on my SSD which is already in the Excire Foto database, to get the newly edited images to show up I just use the right click menu option Synchronize for that folder within Excire Foto

I then just import these edited images from the "Luminar Neo Edited" folder into Apple Photos.

This workflow means ALL my images are in the Excire Foto database on my Mac and I can easily find and work on ANY image while at my computer which is where I mainly work on images.   

Plus I can just add my favourite Photos to my Apple Photos library, complete with keywords.

As I have all my Apple Photos library photos now on my SSD I can easily delete loads from my Apple Photos library so that I just have my favourites.  I did make a copy of my Apple Photos Library right at the start of getting Excire Foto, just in case LOL

My Approach is a bit different to your suggested one but with mine I end up with ALL my photos on my SSD, regardless of where or what they were taken on.  Then easy to choose the best ones for editing and do that in Luminar Neo from within Excrie Foto.  Add the edited image to Excire Foto and then at the very end I add the Best photos (Camera, drone iPhone etc) to Apple Photos.

I am still exploring Excire Foto and can't seem to find some basic keywording sorting that Apple Photos does easily  Will post up what I am trying to do in a separate post.

Good Luck.  Iain

Iain,

Thank you very much indeed for that very detailed reply. Your workflow outline seems like a good one to adopt, though I don’t have anything like the number of images in Apple Photos as you as I have processed images in Apple Photos libraries for each “project” and only export keepers to a master database.

Kind regards,

Roger
I understand the Multiple Library approach and having the best in your main library.

I do have some other Apple Photos libraries. For example one for skies, overlays and textures.

I also use two different Mac Applications which I find useful in working with Apple Photos Libraries and Images.

PowerPhotos and Photosweeper both very good at different tasks, maybe worth checking out.

I love now having ALL my images within Excire Foto, and hope it continues to evolve.

It's now so easy to find images that I have taken over the years.

Also my Apple Photos library isn't as huge as it used to be.

I also extracted a lot of videos from my Photos Library, especially of my granddaughter

Took them all into Final Cut Pro and made a video of them all and uploaded it to iCloud so don't need them on iPhone any longer, just the very best clips

Gehe zu: