Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Exact keyword search, no results
Hello Excire,

I am currently trialing Foto and so I imported 43K photos from my library.  I can dig through the keyword hierarchy and it looks pretty good, for example if I dig down to Vehicle/Motorcycle I get 16 photos, many of them are not motorcycles but many are.  If I dig down to "Hotair Balloon" I get 53 and all of them are hot air balloons, so that's all good (ignoring the fact that in English "hotair" is not a word, it's two words).  I dig to Canoe and I get 183 results, with at least most photos showing a boat of some kind and a few actual canoes.  Boat gets 403 results.

So, some strangeness, but not bad.  

So, then I go up to the search bar and I type in "Motorcycle"...  And get no results at all, should have been 16.  
I try "Balloon"... One result, should have been 53.
I try "hot"... 53 results.
I try "air"... 35 results, should have been .
I try "hot air"...35 results.
I try "canoe"...no results at all.
I try "boat"...no results.

This doesn't make any sense to me.  What else is it searching through if not the keywords?  Why, when I type in an exact keyword, don't I get the same as finding it in the hierarchy? What am I missing here?

Thanks!
The "search bar" you are using, is not for keyword search. It is a part of the filter bar, and you can filter for filenames there.

To search for keywords, you must use the button on the upper right side - there you will find all the searches. Or use the menu.
(29.11.2022, 11:12)ExcireHendrik schrieb: The "search bar" you are using, is not for keyword search. It is a part of the filter bar, and you can filter for filenames there.

To search for keywords, you must use the button on the upper right side - there you will find all the searches. Or use the menu.

Thanks for the response, I completely missed that.  I had tried to click on the button in the far upper-right that had what I think of as a search icon (the magnifying glass), but it is grayed out, has no tooltip, and as a result I have no idea what it does, along with the button to its left, which is also gray.  I didn't think to click on the key.  I think those should bring up a tooltip even when they are gray (maybe with a reason in the tooltip for why it is gray).

I tried to put a picture in here, and it works in the editor, but not once I save it. 

Any idea why the right two icons are grayed out?  What do they do and when do they do it?

Thanks again!
Because those searches work only when you have selected an image in advance.

You can find a short documentation for Excire Foto 2022 here:
https://www.excire.com/manuals/ExcireFot...art-EN.pdf

This explains the different search methods.

Gehe zu: