Themabewertung:
  • 1 Bewertung(en) - 5 im Durchschnitt
Face Tagging/Naming
Hi,

The one thing that is preventing me from using Excire Foto for my photo database, is the inability to add names to the detected similar faces, and than have the ability to export the names as a normal tag.  I was wondering if your team could add this feature?

Thank you,
mackjack25
Hello! Do you mean the ability to assign a name to one of the faces and the software automatically assigning that name to all similar faces as well?
Yes, that’s exactly the feature! I was also wondering if there could be an ability to export those names as a regular tag in the actual photo by clicking the store metadata button.
Right now it is only possible to search for similar people and tag the images manually. The problem with automating that process is that it will never be 100% perfect and will thus require a lot of correction anyway. But we are considering such a functionality for the future, once we figured out a workflow that is satisfying.
For me this is also the most obvious feature deficit with Excire Foto right now. If you want to see a reference workflow, just look at the builtin facial identity recognition workflow in the Windows 10 native Photos app. It works well, is easy to add identities (ignoring the annoying fact that it is linked to People contact list), it will easily find more instances of the same person, and it is easy to correct errors.
Upvote the Face Tagging!
I too would very much appreciate this feature! 
I have used several other software with this feature and none are perfect. I am OK with needing to do corrections manually.
(05.08.2020, 17:16)ExcireKai schrieb: Right now it is only possible to search for similar people and tag the images manually. The problem with automating that process is that it will never be 100% perfect and will thus require a lot of correction anyway. But we are considering such a functionality for the future, once we figured out a workflow that is satisfying.

Hello, I am using the trial version of Exicre Foto, and the main feature missing stopping me from buying Excire Foto is the lack of name tagging, and subsequent searching by name. 

To help with the development of a good work flow, I would like to suggest the following as a candidate for a good example workflow. 

QuMagie is a photo cataloguing software that comes with QNAP NAS drives. The workflow in QuMagie for identifying people and assigning names is pretty fast and easy to use. The software groups faces together and with one click the name is assigned from the list of names already identified.  This process gets repeated multiple times for different groups of similar photos. This allows dozens of photos to be assigned in under 10 seconds per group of photos.
The QuMagie Software also has a second workflow that presents a series of photos that has been identified as 'likely' to be for a particular person, and the user clicks yes or no for each candidate image.  This approach of assigning names to faces is about as fast as it can be. As a user, I can select one person I want to improve the tagging of images in the database, and be presented with a series of photos that I just press Y or N to assign the suggested name or not assign the suggested name.  This allows me to assign names to images at a rate of about 2 seconds per image. At that rate, in 3 minutes, I have assigned 90 images the correct name. (or rejected the few that were incorrect).

The elements that make these workflows acceptable are: 
1. groups of similar images are presented together, allowing all of the similar images to be assigned in one step.
2. separate candidate images of a person are presented and assigned with a single key stroke. The key is the rapid presentation of the candidate images and the single key to assign or reject the suggested name. 
3. a next level on step 2 above is to also present the other candidate names, and have single key stroke assignment. Example press 1 for Anne, 2 for Bob, 3 for Charlie, 4 for Dave, 9 for skip, 0 for not a person etc. where the candidate names are rated in the Software AI order of how likely the match is.  With this single key assignment workflow, a standard number pad on my keyboard means my hand does not need to move, I just press the appropriate result.  Which is why the single key approach needs to include a 'skip' and a 'not a person' option to ensure rapid progress through the images is maintained. 

These processes can be picked up and worked through at any time, and allow the user to assign names to faces in small batches. By presenting manageable lots of photos to the user, every time the user has a few minutes spare, they can work through assigning names into their database in little batches. 

Once Excire Foto has this feature, I'll be back to buy the software!

Cheers

Justin

Gehe zu: