Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Excire Foto Database Location
I would like to designate where the Excire Foto database is placed. How do I do this? 
How do I delete a database?
How do I create a different one?

I have read the manual and do not understand its section on setting up the databases.

Thanks!

Smile
I have to remove 450000 photos from the database since I can't find where it is to delete it. It has been removing photos from the database for several hours and there are still 415000 to go. Is there a way to speed this up? Uninstall-reinstall?
You can delete the database by simply deleting the database directory using the Windows Explorer or Mac OS X Finder. This doesn't work for the default database, though. If you want to create a new database, you can do that by selecting a new database directory via File →Choose Folder for new Database. We are considering to add the ability to move the default database directory in a future update.
Interesting point here.  I installed Excire Foto on my E drive where it occupies 600Mb.  However it placed the database on my C drive and this is 9.37Gb for a library of 21,000 pictures.  Annoying as I wanted the database to be on the E drive as well and was given no choice for location.

OK I can move the DB with the instructions on this forum but it would have been good to control it at installation.
While it is possible to move the default database location, the process to do it is a bit more involved right now. We are hoping to address this in a future update.

If you want to move the default database anyway, you can do that (at your own risk) by following the steps below:
  1. If you haven't already selected the default database, please do so via "File → Open database folder → Open default database"
  2. Exit Excire Foto
  3. Navigate to the Excire Foto application directory. ("%APPDATA%\Excire Foto" for Windows 10 or "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/excire-foto" for Mac OS X)
  4. There you'll find the following files and directories that you can move or copy to a directory of your choice
    1to1.exfoto
    previews.exfoto
    thumbnails.exfoto
    excire_foto.local.db
    excire_foto.local.db-shm
    (if it exists)
    excire_foto.local.db-wal (if it exists)
    backend.db backend.db-shm (if it exists)
    backend.db-wal (if it exists)
Then you can start Excire Foto and select the new Database location via "File → Open database folder → Select database folder"

Gehe zu: