Umfrage: Would you like to be able to add your own keywords to the Excire Dictionary
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Gesamt 2 Stimme(n) 100%
∗ Sie haben diese Antwort gewählt. [Zeige Ergebnisse]

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Keywords
I am finding Excire Keywording rather frustrating the keywords it adds are very general and not much good to me.  Is it possible, will it ever be possible to add our own keywords to the Excire dictionary.  Frankly I am still spending as much time adding my own keywords as I did before.  So much for automation :-(  I find online keyword applications to be much more satisfactory but I am very much against paying for so many photographs at a time, having to be online etc.  Sorry but I feel it has been a complete waste of money for me :-(  Looks like it is back to online keywording for me, it works :-)  Does anyone else feel the same?
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. What are the kinds of keywords that are currently missing from Excire Search that you would like to see included?
I would have expected the software to recognise landscapes, seascapes,islands, a group of trees as being a forest or wood. A church as being a church and related to religion etc But it seems to have a limited vocabulary. This would not be a problem if it was possible to pass keywords backwards to Excire from Lightroom instead of just from Excire to Lightroom. I can see the Excire keywords selected for images in Lightroom and add keywords into the excire group there but Excire does not recognise them. Is there not a way to add keyowrds to the Excire dictionary? The search capabilities of Excire would appear to be excellent but I will probably never use this facility as I give my images plenty of keywords, my catalogue is well organised into dates, locations etc and images are easilly found. I use keywording and it is in this area that I hoped Excire would help. But alas it would appear not :-)
It should recognize the categories you mentioned. Of course the algorithm will not be able to recognize every instance of every object or every scene, especially for atypical views of an object. That is mostly because we're trying to strike a balance between analysis time and accuracy while also trying to keep false positives at a minimum. 

Regarding the import of keywords from Lightroom: You should be able to see and use keywords from Lightroom by using "Photo → Load Metadata".
(24.08.2020, 14:35)ExcireKai schrieb: It should recognize the categories you mentioned. Of course the algorithm will not be able to recognize every instance of every object or every scene, especially for atypical views of an object. That is mostly because we're trying to strike a balance between analysis time and accuracy while also trying to keep false positives at a minimum. 

Regarding the import of keywords from Lightroom: You should be able to see and use keywords from Lightroom by using "Photo → Load Metadata".

Sorry but I have run excire over a couple of hundred images, everyone a landscape with hills,mountains, water and while excire could tell me there was a boat it failed to recognise a single landscape. It recognised sunsets but failed to recognise mountains. Sorry but at keywording it fails miserably :-) As for your sugestion of "Photo - Load Metadata" I'm not quite sure what you mean. Looks like I have wasted my money. I was in the Batch Process module and ran through the list of keywords manualy I couldn't find LANDSCAPE so I suppose it isn't there but there was American football and a multitude of other useless keywords. I had downloaded the trial but then was very busy and was never able to try Excire out. When I did have the time the trial had expired but I had over a thousand images to keyword and so foolishly paid for Excire. It is definetly up there as one of the worst purchases I have ever made :-( I ended up doing those images the way I always have and it looks like I always will.
Besides the trial version, there is not much else we can do to make sure our customers buy a product they will be satisfied with. We are constantly working on improving our software, though. Both in terms of functionality, but also in terms of the accuracy of the image analysis. Therefore Excire Foto might suit your needs better a couple of updates down the line.
I can only hope that Excires image analysis improves in the future, until then it is useless to me :-) But I realy can't understand why it does not recognise landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes. Surely these are among the most commonly taken and popular photographs. The whole idea of keywords is to enable people (possible clients) to find images. Now someone might search online for A location, Seascape, boats they would not search A Location, boat because it would return far too many hits showing boats in a harbour, on trailers, in showrooms etc etc... Even the most basic of online keyword apps can recognise landscape, seascape, cityscape, mountains etc etc

Gehe zu: